Thursday, February 17, 2011

Holes, by Louis Sachar Movie Book #3

I have to say that even though I have seen this book several times in the library, and have heard my children discuss how great this book was,  I had never read it or watched the movie.  However, after reading the book this week and watching the movie with my daughter, I am sad that I didn't pick it up sooner! I think that Disney did very well making this book into a movie.  They stuck to the storyline very well, and minus missing a few small details the movie was great!  They acting was very good, and Shia Lebeouf is exactly what I pictured young Stanley to look like.  However, Stanley's character is so likeable, and you feel sorry for him because he is sent to Camp Green Lake so unjustly, but the way his and Zero's stories intertwine and break the "curse" is very well set-up.  I mean who would have ever thought that onions could save your life from lizards that guarded treasure!  This story may have a common theme in friendship, but Stanley and Zero's relationship is rare.  I love the fact that they go from enemies to saving each others lives, as well as ending a family feud they didn't even know existed.  I would definilty recommend this book to all 5th and 6th grade teachers, it is a loveable story, with likeable characters, a positive moral, and lots of adventure and mischeif along the way.  Not to mention, the movie is pretty good too!  I mean who couldn't love a character who last name is a palindrome of his first!

No comments:

Post a Comment