Thursday, February 3, 2011

Owl Moon Caldecott Winner #2

I have to say that I was very impressed with the artwork in this book, and I could see why it won the Caldecott award.  The illustrations were very colorful, and had all the details of a winter day.  However, as I child I don't think that I would have enjoyed the story.  It was not very entertaining for me, and the thought of going "owling" does not appeal to me because I am not a fan of the winter and the cold, so I do not think that I would have enjoyed that adventure.  However, I do like the relationship the young girl had with her Pa. The way she listened to every word that he says, and how every piece of advice she takes to heart, afraid to dissapoint her Pa.  I had a relationship like that with my grandfather.  I wanted to be just like him, and out little adventure together was fishing.  Even though I hated getting up in the morning, I would drag myself out of bed and sit in a small boat for hours with him fishing.  That kind of relationship is one of a kind, and those memories I will cherish forever especially now that my grandfather has passed.  I really liked the relationship aspect of the book, and the pictures complemented the story well.

No comments:

Post a Comment