Saturday, February 12, 2011

Jumanji, Chris Van Allsburg Movie Book #2

Even though I think the book is good, this is a case where I actually feel that the movie better represents the story.  However, I will give the story credit because it does stand as a solid plot with likeable characters, but I like the movie because the movie adds a lot more detail to the events surrounding the came, and the visual effects make the story come to life for the viewer.  The movie also changes some of the book by adding the character of Allan Parish and his friend Sarah Wittle, the Officer and other characters.  They also change the beginning of the book by making Peter and Judy live with their aunt because their mother and father had passed.  However, I think the thing I like the most about the movie is that the creatures of Jumanji come to life and cause havoc in the city, not just inside Peter and Judy's house. Most of the time, I do enjoy the book more, but in this case I have to say that the extra details that the movie adds helps the reader make a connection to the characters and their dilemmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment